- Enhance the education of the escrow/settlement professional.
- Improve escrow and closing services.
- Disseminate information as to the differences in such services between states.
- Promote more uniformity in such services.
- Increase the public knowledge and understanding of such services.
- Coordinate legislative efforts throughout these United States.
Members of the American Escrow Association pledge to abide by the following Creed, to:
Abide by all laws and regulations governing the processing of, handling and general operation of
all real estate and loan closing transactions.
Recognize the principles of the professional trust and confidence placed on those in our
profession and maintain the confidential nature of all settlement transactions.
Sustain our fiduciary responsibility to the principals in each transaction by remaining an
unbiased and neutral third party.
Continuously acquire and maintain a sufficient professional knowledge of the
Escrow/Settlement industry so that our responsibilities are completed with integrity
and bring honor to our chosen profession.
Avoid, at all times, giving legal advice in any matter or manner and/or engaging in the
unauthorized practice of law.
Uphold the integrity, dignity and worthiness of our vocation by industrious application
to the end that we may merit a reputation for a high quality of service to our employer,
customer, and fellow Escrow/Settlement agent.
Be loyal to our Association and its ideals.